Written by Hannah deNevers (Morticia)
December 28, 2014
Today was our second day back and I will be completely honest, I was pretty sore. And when I say pretty sore I mean I don’t think I’ve ever been that sore. Of course you know that you’ve been working hard when you get out of bed in the morning and sound like an old person getting out of a chair. Helpful tips for soreness:
- drink tons of water. And I’m saying TONS, it helps your body regenerate itself. And it keeps you hydrated when dancing and singing and working out allllll day
- Eat and drink a lot of vitamin C
- Fill up on fruits and veggies at rehearsals
- stretch before and after you work out. THIS IS SO IMPORTANT!!!
Today began with the usual arriving at 9 and working through dances to keep fresh in our minds. Caylen and I worked on our tango and ran lines. The cast was working on their dances. Running everything two three times.
In our show this year there are some understudies. One of the characters with an understudy is the dark and love struck teen ‘Wednesday‘ played by Kessia Warren and the understudy played by Kirsten Macdonald. Today we ran through all the scenes and songs with Wednesday. It was our ‘Kirsten day’. It was a good day all around!
Highlights of the day:
- Our stage manager likes to shoot us with a NERF gun when we are off in the wings an talking (when you are never ever allowed to do so) and accidentally hitting Raven (playing grandma) in the face. Which I thought was hilarioussss) btw she was fine…
- I received a lovely text from one of the younger cast members
- Andrew (Our director) actually said that one of the casts harmonies (when we are singing all together the same words but different notes) was tight and together!
- People were improving funny parodies to our songs and it was pretty hilarious…